Smoke alarms that are properly installed and maintained play a vital role in reducing fire deaths and injuries.
Smoke alarms save lives. If there is a fire in your home, smoke spreads fast and you need smoke alarms to give you time to get out. Having a working smoke alarm cuts the chances of dying in a reported fire in half. Almost two-thirds of home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
Here’s what you need to know!
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of your home.
- Test your smoke alarms every month.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside.
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years
- More about staying safe with smoke alarms from the National Fire Protection Association.
Sparta fire department has free smoke alarms available! Contact us to schedule a date and time for installation.